|This article is about the game. For the type of card, see Exploding Kitten card.|
Exploding Kittens is a mobile version of the Kickstarter card game from Substantial and Exploding Kittens, LLC. Created by Elan Lee (Xbox, ARGs), Matthew Inman (The Oatmeal), and Shane Small (Xbox, Marvel). It is a multiplayer game for people who are into kittens and explosions and laser beams and sometimes bears. Exploding Kittens was launched on iOS on 21 January 2016, with an Android version in the works.
How it works[edit | edit source]
In this highly-strategic, kitty-powered version of Russian Roulette, players draw cards until someone draws an Exploding Kitten, at which point they explode, they are dead, and they are out of the game — unless that player has a Defuse card, which can defuse the Kitten using things like laser pointers, belly rubs, and catnip sandwiches. All of the other cards in the deck are used to move, mitigate, or avoid the Exploding Kittens.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Play with 2 to 5 players across multiple mobile phones
- Play anywhere, without internet!
- The only way to win is not to explode
- New cards & sound effects exclusive to the digital adaptation of Exploding Kittens
- Players can select from two decks to fit their game size with up to 65 cards.
- Art illustrated by The Oatmeal